Groomery LeaderLocation New York, New York | 670 Columbus - Upper West Side The Groomery ID 84753110203-77406309576 Apply Now
The purpose of this position is to provide overall leadership to the store including driving company strategies, driving the business and achieving target results, championing exceptional customer service, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for pets, Pet Parents and associates, and training, growing and developing a committed, high performing store team in our PetSmart Groomery.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives PetSmart’s vision, mission, values, and strategy within the store, holding associates accountable.
- Champions and teaches exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Drives and identifies opportunities to grow the business and holds associates accountable in achieving store P&L expectations such as sales targets and manage expenses such as labor and supplies, as well as any other relevant store metrics.
- Responsible for daily operations of the Groomery store, including the execution of Inventory Management, Planner and POG activities; ensures consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures, including compliance with CASE messaging and tasks, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates, which can be achieved through regular store walks, holds monthly Shrink and Safety meetings, and trains associates on company and government safety standards.
- Engages and represents the company to outside organizations within the local community to generate business and promote the brand.
- Performs Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets and ensures all salon associates perform Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents.
- Ensures salon associates deliver quality services that meet the “Look Great Guarantee”.
- Performs check in and out procedures for grooming appointments, including applicable paperwork and rebooking’s; maintains client records and receipts; aids Pet Parents on services offered in the salon.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost; monitoring the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness, sanitation, and humane conditions for all pets in the grooming area.
- Reviews scheduling of grooming appointments, answers phones and schedules grooming appointments, as well as conduct appointment reminder calls.
- Performs other general store activities to include running cash registers, pricing and pricing audits, processing inventory, stocking shelves and storage areas, building merchandise displays, setting up advertising signs, general cleaning, dusting, and light repairs and maintenance of building, equipment, and fixtures.
- Grooms dogs to breed standards (up to 10 dogs per week)
- Ensures completion and retention of client records and receipts; as well as maintains detailed customer history by recording services performed on pets.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness and maintenance of self-wash bathing areas, and may perform cleaning duties; assists Pet Parents in self-service dog wash.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically supervises one leader and 10-15 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. Includes:
- Recruit, interview, hire and on-board new associates; identify current and future staffing needs.
- Create weekly operating schedules; plan, assign and direct the work of all associates; process weekly payroll reports; develop and coach associates, which may include weekly huddles, one-on-one meetings and performance review discussions.
- Train and develop new salon associates ensuring completion of all training requirements, including all new salon associate training, salon academy training and annual safety certification, as well as, developing and coaching all salon associates, including proper grooming techniques and evaluating the quality of grooms.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed.
- Creates a Positive Work Environment by assessing situations, coaching accordingly and rewarding & recognizing associates.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Address associate and Pet Parent complaints and resolve problems
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
The employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.84753110203-77406309576