Store Leader - The GroomeryLocation Columbus, Ohio | **Temp: 192 Graceland Blvd. ID 78500546380-85203311968 Apply Now
The purpose of this position is to provide overall leadership to the store including driving company strategies, driving the business and achieving target results, championing exceptional customer service, and building a committed, high performing store team in our PetSmart Groomery.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives PetSmart’s vision, mission, values, and strategy within the store, holding associates accountable.
- Champions and teaches exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Drives and identifies opportunities to grow the business and holds associates accountable in achieving store P&L expectations such as sales targets and manage expenses such as labor and supplies, as well as any other relevant store metrics.
- Oversees the execution of Inventory Management, Planner and POG activities.
- Ensures consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures, including compliance with CASE messaging and tasks, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates, which can be achieved through regular store walks, holds monthly Shrink and Safety meetings, and trains associates on company and government safety standards.
- Personnel activities including, creating and reviewing weekly operating schedules, processing weekly payroll reports, hiring and on-boarding, , and developing and coaching of associates, which may include weekly huddles, one-on-one meetings and performance review discussions.
- Engages and represents the company to outside organizations within the local community to generate business and promote the brand.
- Ensures all salon associates, perform Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store.
- May perform other general store activities to include running cash registers, pricing and pricing audits, processing inventory, stocking shelves and storage areas, building merchandise displays, setting up advertising signs, general cleaning, dusting, and light repairs and maintenance of building, equipment, and fixtures.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Creates a Positive Work Environment by assessing situations, coaching accordingly and rewarding & recognizing associates.
- Ensures completion and retention of client records and receipts.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of self-wash bathing areas, and may perform cleaning duties; assists Pet Parents in self-service dog wash.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically supervises one leader and 15-20 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. Includes:
- Interviewing and hiring
- associate development
- planning, assigning, and directing work of associates
- appraising performance, providing input in employee performance, rewarding and coaching associates
- addressing associate and Pet Parent complaints and resolving problems
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to a wet environment with an abundance of pet hair, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is moderate in the work environment; however associates may be exposed to high levels of noise at times. Exposure to live animals and their handling is common.78500546380-85203311968