Replenishment Analyst, ConsumablesLocation Burlington, Ontario ID MP-18-6445 Apply Now
As a Merchandise Fulfillment Inventory Analyst, you will partner with Vendors, Merchandising, Store Operations, Sr Demand Planners and Supply Chain to:
- Manage Store In Stock, DC to Store Fill Rate, and Vendor Fill Rates
- Manage New item and Promotional inventory planning, including on time arrival in DC and store
- Manage Optimal store level inventory, balancing Customer Experience and DOS
- Understand and support the impacts of ecommerce activity in our stores
- Implement best practices in inventory analytics and investment to support PetSmart Growth
This position is responsible for following the Replenishment and Planning Policies & Procedures that support positive growth in sales, margin and drive cost reductions. This includes identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement in your departments to your manager, and working with your peers and business partners to enable a strong cross functional team.
This position is responsible for managing inventory forecasts at store level for everyday business (in store and online), including promotions, new, discontinued, and code dated items. Drive continuous improvement in store replenishment, analyzing and supporting new initiatives within our business. Ensure correct inventory quantities are on hand at all sites to support sales demand and merchandise objectives. Responsible for establishing and maintaining solid vendor relations and aligning on vendor projections for events.
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
- An understanding of Customer Service expectations at Store Level
- Understanding space constraints in the supply chain to flow product on time and efficiently to meet Store and customer needs.
- Ability to contribute effectively to upstream planning process.
- Keep organized to prioritize among multiple initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with partners in Merchandising, Replenishment, Space Planning, Store Operations and Vendor Community
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvement ideas that optimize systems, forecast accuracy, inventory productivity, space utilization, and build efficiencies within the cross-functional team.
- An understanding of processing and transit times to maintain a stable Supply Chain
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
This role will be the key contact for vendors regarding store inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key partners in Merchandising, Replenishment, Space Planning and Supply Chain in Canada and the US to identify opportunities to improve forecasting, purchasing, and allocation methods (best practices)
- Own in store inventory management through demand planning and allocation optimization
- Maintain correct levels of promotional product availability to meet sales targets and minimize residue
- Execute department and sku level planning to drive unique store and merchandise assortments, including localization, that allows for clean transition between selling periods
- Monitor store inventory performance and recommend actions to correct deficiencies
- Responsible for new item set-up and forecast into the replenishment system.
- Update and plan around changes to CFIA/USDA regulations that could impact import into Canada.
- Review vendor pack sizes for inbound and outbound shipments (rounding profiles) and recommend revisions to optimize inventory productivity
- Own the vendor relationship, align to promotional forecasts and host regular supply chain optimization meetings, including performance updates to vendor shipping compliance scores
- Communicate regularly with vendor: departmental strategies, information sharing and problem solving, baseline forecasting, promotional planning, store capacities, inventory flow optimization through the network
- Research and investigate store and distribution center out of stocks and implement corrective action
- Identify and resolve code-date risk inventory in the distribution centers and recommend corrective action
- Maintain data integrity, inventory and forecast accuracy, standardization and process compliance
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth opportunities
- Initiate process improvement ideas to optimize systems, accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, space utilization, and margins
- Use consumer insights and data combined with a structured test and learn approach to maximize growth opportunities
- Visit stores monthly, individually as well as with peers and business partners to identify improvement opportunities
- Work with space planning team members to refine the space plan building process by considering inventory level requirements
- Respond timely and with a sense of accountability to questions from the stores and management regarding product level availability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4 years or more, effectively managing store level inventory
- 2 years or more, working effectively with internal business partners and external suppliers
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Microsoft Access, is an asset, but not required
- Helpful but not required: Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook
Former experience working in a retail and/or warehouse environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in SAP, and JDA Software an asset, but not required.
- Experience with VBA Programming, Microsoft Access, are favorable, but not required.
- Experience data mining through decision support software is helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Supply Chain certifications are favorable, but not required.