Marketing Manager - Public Relations and Social MediaLocation Burlington, Ontario ID CE-18-6405 Apply Now
Marketing Manager – Public Relations and Social Media
Reporting to the Director of Marketing of PetSmart Canada based in Burlington, this role works closely with operational leaders at the Canadian office and Phoenix home office to develop and execute PR and Social marketing initiatives as they relate to PetSmart Canada’s key business priorities. This includes managing our Canadian PR & Social agencies in all aspects including earned media and social marketing as well as complete management of our digital agencies and properties.
- Lead and Manage PR strategy on earned media, social, video content as well as paid amplification.
- Develops and executes PR campaigns/initiatives in alignment with Canadian Marketing partners to promote PetSmart and to ensure consistency of the brand voice, messaging and outreach efforts.
- Serve as PetSmart spokesperson with local and national Canadian media on topics related to Canadian and North American PetSmart programs.
- Review and approve all content that directly promotes engagement at efficient costs
- Work with agency to Draft/approve Canadian news/PR materials: news releases, pitches, feature stories, photos/captions, media alerts, including localizing content generated by PetSmart.
- Manage All OMNI initiatives including roadmap, brand shops, vendor marketing tiles and promotional real estate.
- Lead CRM Manager on email marketing. Ensure that schedule, messaging and assortment aligns with Canadian corporate initiatives. Track results against opens and engagement to ensure content is relevant. Work with Canadian buyers to ensure product and content is accurate.
- Grow and monitor Treats database to ensure all digital marketing efforts are deployed to our pet parents.
- Experience in media relations/PR creating news and interest.
- Content creation, creative news angle development and editing skills
- Ability to comprehend a variety of audiences and create messages and communications strategies to effectively connect with those audiences, particularly the press, general consumer population and adoption community
- Experience with content-generation and content management across multiple platforms, and content management systems: internal and external channels such as social media platforms, email blasts, PR/media earned coverage
- Strong communication consulting skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Skills in writing, editing and verbal communications
- The ability to find creative, cost-effective solutions to complex communications challenges
- Ability to manage communications projects from inception through completion and metric reporting/ROI assessment. Ability to modify, adjust plans through execution as strategically needed.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing focused roles.
- Must be highly collaborative.
- Experience working with agencies on strategy, execution and results reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree focused in Marketing
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Solid analytical skills & Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional oral communication, organizing and planning, persuasion skills, team work, analytical, and written communication skills
- Must be motivated, flexible, with strong organizational and team skills.