Director of MarketingLocation Burlington, Ontario ID CE-18-6338 Apply Now
The Director of Marketing leads an integrated marketing team to develop and execute marketing strategies and initiatives that drive sales, as well as unveil consumer insights that help guide business decisions. This position requires the ability to conceptualize, research, strategize, plan and implement new ideas.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis role manages at least 4 direct reports, but also provides leadership across the Marketing/Customer Experience department. The Marketing Director is expected to partner across the Enterprise, Merchandise, Services and Marketing teams to ensure alignment on key marketing messages, support plans and calendar planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude, but are not limited to:
- Envision, develop and align the organization around enterprise, category, and customer-specific campaigns
- Manage marketing spend, including detailed recommendations, recaps, opportunities for the future and precise spending tracking.
- Understand and recommend opportunities with the greatest ROI that achieve business objectives.
- Present regularly to senior leaders (VP, President, SVP/EVP) regarding initiative updates, plans and results.
- Ability to flow seamlessly from strategy to execution, driving vision while also commanding a deep understanding of tactical day-to-day to ensure strong in market execution on time, on budget and meeting KPIs.
- Ability to be assertive and operate with a sense of urgency, making data-based recommendations and influencing others with an expert point of view
- Possess a strong passion for continually learning about the customer and uncovering new means to reach and engagethe customer
- Possess a strong analytic mindset, with the ability to assess pre- and post-behavior, draw strategic conclusions based on data and turn the data into insights with recommended action
- Possess strong executive presence with ability to understand appropriate level of detail and context for audiences of varying seniority
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally to drive business strategies and initiatives
- Ability to develop and retain talent through coaching and mentoring
- Minimum 10 yearsof leadership experience earned in a growth-oriented, world-class omni-channel consumer experience, product management and or user experience environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, required – MBA, preferred
- Successful track-record in defining and delivering the vision and roadmap for consumer experiences, ideally at the intersection of community, content and commerce.
- Expert knowledgeof all consumer engagement KPIs and how to influence them.
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Provenexperience in improving business performance through digital developmentsthat deliver on budget, on time, and produce ROI.