Merchandising and Inventory ManagerLocation Biddeford, Maine | 208 Mariner Way ID 60169479660-1213309727 Apply Now
ABOUT OUR STORE:
What better place to share your love for pets than in our stores? With so many opportunities under one roof, you'll be sure to find a career path that inspires you. As the Department Manager for Merchandise and Inventory, you’ll ensure that the store runs smoothly—from head to tail. From motivating associates to ensuring we have the right product on the floor, our Department Managers drive the success of our stores by ensuring our customers have an engaging, personalized shopping experience.
ABOUT OUR TEAMS:
In a store as big as ours, we need all hands (and paws, wings and fins!) on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. So, as a PetSmart Department Manager, you’ll help lead the team in the following areas:
- Merchandising & Inventory: Our Merchandising & Inventory Leader play an integral role in helping our pet parents find exactly what they need, right when they need it. Areas of accountability will include leading the execution plan-o-grams, organizing promotional and sale price changes, and overseeing fulfillment of our In-Store Pick Up Orders.
- Associate Leadership: You’ll lead a team of Stocking Associates to maintain a fully stocked and clean environment for our pets and pet parents. You’ll also provide them with the guidance and development to grow their careers.
- Overall Retail Initiatives: Creating an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for all our leaders. From ensuring our associates have extensive knowledge of pet solutions to building connections with pet parents, our leaders ensure a safe and fun environment in our stores.
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
Just like we’re there for pets at every stage of their lives, we’ll be with you at every stage of your career, too. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience in a different business unit—from the store to the salon or the Phoenix Home Office
- Develop your leadership skills as an Assistant Manager or Store Manager
- Tackle the challenge of a new store opening
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
We’ve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could above—but the best parts of working at PetSmart can’t be fully described in the job description.
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
We look forward to seeing your application to join our Department Management team!
Similar Job Titles – Store Manager, General Manager, Associate Leader, Team Leader, Team Lead, Leader on Duty, Senior Team Leader, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Associate Leader, Merchandise Team Leader, Inventory Team Leader, keyholder, pet hotel, boarding, PetsHotel
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
The employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.60169479660-1213309727