Distribution Center HR ManagerLocation Bethel, Pennsylvania ID HR-19-6463 Apply Now
Provide HR leadership, develop and implement people strategies, plans and network programs to drive performance, associate relations and talent management within their Distributions Centers through effective partnering with the Director, Supply Chain HR; DC Regional Directors, DC Leadership team and Phoenix Home Office partners. Directly responsible for the leadership of their DC HR team, and partners appropriately across the enterprise to leverage solutions and retain consistency across the DC network. Supports and enhances financial and operational objectives of their DCs and the company.
Key areas of accountability and scope include maintaining Positive Associate Relations and a union free environment. Leadership development, strategic workforce planning, and performance management are also critical areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with the Supply Chain Leadership team to support operational strategies
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the Associate HR Business Partner(s) (AHRBP) and HR Coordinator(s) within the Distribution Center.
- Operate in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment supporting a very fast paced area of the business aiding business leaders in meeting their performance objectives.
- Support strategic planning and provides strategic direction for associate relations initiatives to ensure an engaged workforce, implementation of retention efforts, and a respectful workplace environment, while maintaining alignment with all key partners.
- Work with Corporate HR and Distribution Center HR teams to leverage solutions and best practices, including alignment with the entire Supply Chain organization.
- Ensures HR initiatives for the Supply Chain are aligned with the company’s vision, governing business strategies, and current business priorities. Follows strategic direction and establishes appropriate priorities for projects critical to success.
- Serves as a primary driver in the DC of communication, recognition, and engagement practices.
- Manages high-risk associate relations issues for the Distribution Center; ensures associate relations issue resolution and risk mitigation for the DC and PetSmart.
- Accountability for talent acquisition and talent management both at the leadership and associate level. Works closely with the leadership team in strategic work force planning and succession planning.
- Advises and guides DC leadership and associates in the proper use and interpretation of company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures compliance with any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor, wage and hour, and employment laws.
KEY ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Drives Vision & Strategy – Establishes a clear and compelling direction; provides clarity of intent, understanding and alignment within the DC. Challenges assumptions embedded in current processes and practices.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Accurately identifies problems, issues and opportunities, collects and analyzes data to make conclusions, and sets a course of action based on facts.
- Planning & Organization – Defines clear courses of action for self and others to ensure work objectives are achieved. Effectively manages concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Teamwork – Builds strong partnerships across the organization. Explores varying perspectives and creates an environment of inclusion and trust.
- Innovative Problem Resolution – Recognizes and creates solutions for underlying problems, not just treatment for obvious symptoms.
- Talent Development – Contributes to development of associates through coaching, mentoring and management of individual development plans for all associates; works with and mentors direct reports.
- Proactive Approach – Forward thinking, “make things happen” business approach. Seeks out problems and opportunities for change. Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceed performance expectations. Possesses a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity.
- Synergistic Implementation Abilities – Able to build consensus among a group with diverse backgrounds and motivate cooperation in development and implementation of solutions. – Influences others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Cross-functional Approach – Demonstrated success executing HR practices and projects that reach across the Supply Chain organization. Has a broad business perspective with sound business judgment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university
- Supply chain and/or distribution center experience is preferred.
- 8 plus years in HR Leadership role within a high growth, customer focused services, retail, food or related multi-location retail environment with a large employee base.
- Experience leading and managing team of HR professionals.