Operations ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia ID DC-18-6377 Apply Now
Want a company with a real vision? Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can’t achieve this vision without the right people – they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities – delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives. Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you! Benefits of working with PetSmart In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores! PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
In our distribution centers, our goal is to get products to our pet parents as efficiently as possible. Our DC Operations Managers are focused on productivity, accuracy, reliability and safety and take great pride in the role they play within PetSmart.
FULL TIME FULFILLMENT
We are hiring for full-time associates for multiple shifts during the day, night and weekend. We offer four10-hour weekday shifts, or three 12-hour weekend shifts. Shifts may vary by location and may include shift differential pay.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a PetSmart Operations Manager you will work as an integral part of our supply chain leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to work in several areas of the DC such as orderfill, replenishment, services or fish warehouse. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading DC Operations Supervisors who manages a team up to 30 associates
- Managing performance and talent
- Driving towards operational analytics like metrics, labor planning and reporting
- Effectively communicate daily goals, recognition and areas of focus
- Adapting and leading teams in an ever-changing environment
- Coaching and leading a Supervisor and team to follow safety standards
- Interviewing and selecting talent for the DCs
- Communicating 2 levels up and across the business
- Effectively using computers, technology and RF guns
MOVING AND GROOVING:
In our fast-paced DCs, you’ll always be on the move. Please note the following physical requirements in addition to tasks above:
- With the fast-paced environment, you will bend, twist, stretch, push, pull carry and lift up to50-75 lbs.
- Should be comfortable standing and or walking for up to 12 hours
- Willing and able to operate powered industrial equipment including walkies, reach truck, stand ups *proper training and safety standards will be provided
- Work in various temperatures
- Health benefits including medical, vision, and dental
- Paid vacation time and paid sick time
- Bonus eligible
- PetSmart associate discount for merchandise and services
- Monthly celebrations (often including food!) for meeting DC goals or just for the fun of it!
- Comfortable and relaxing break area
GROW YOUR CAREER:
We’ll be with you for every stage of your career, at PetSmart you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experiences in different areas of the DC
- Develop your leadership skills to grow your career
- Grow your career in one of our 7 DCs or 1600 stores around the country*relocation available for leaders