Business Systems Analyst - Supply ChainLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1914 Apply Now
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job:
The Supply Chain Systems Business Systems Analyst is a key member of the Solutions team, focused on creating stable, standard, and scalable solutions and processes to support PetSmart’s Supply Chain. This role enhances the productivity and performance of Supply Chain through discovery of productivity enhancements and promoting quality improvement through daily interaction with a broad array of peers, customers, vendors, partners and software systems. The role ensures that Supply Chain systems are in place to effectively manage company’s strategy by standardizing and maintaining the Supply Chain processes. This position will also serve as Functional System Administrator and involves providing upgrade, enhancement and ongoing application support to Supply Chain applications as well as process control for all supply chain system interactions and DC processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a working knowledge of all aspects of the supply chain distribution process and systems and leverage professional expertise of subject matter experts for process expertise.
- Maintain an understanding of key business objectives, metrics, and the strategic role that the supply chain systems play in supporting the organization.
- Work cross functionality with systems members and HR representatives to design and develop learning materials as they pertain to system processes (i.e., posters, job aids, eLearning’s, ILT, etc.) with an agile/flexible mindset.
- Update and modify existing best practices, policy/procedure updates, or for continuous improvement purposes.
- Respond in a timely manner to team and business partners with solutions to problems and requests.
- Provide analytics and project management support for Supply Chain projects across distribution, transportation, vendor management, trade compliance.
- Demonstrate flexibility and effectively manage changes in project scope, timelines, and priorities for projects.
- Facilitate delivery of process training programs, courses, workshops, onboarding events and activities as needed during system implementations and upgrades.
- Influence business partners and end users to adapt to change.
- Travel up to 25%, including overnight and/or international travel, as needed.
- Manage systems including WMS, TLMS, LM, Slotting, Open Text, Amber Road.
- Configure and test systems for new buildings and upgrades.
- Support day to day activities: New location creation, range changes, delete pick location details, slotting tool updates, item holds, user setup/maintenance, dock door maintenance, resolve putaway issues, investigate items not picking/replenishing, change pick paths, work error reports, lock/unlock locations, manage task creation rules, investigate/resolve issues reported by DCs, test new functionality using Putty, Vocollect, WM, SQL.
- Production system support / problem solving day to day issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Retailing or technically equivalent is preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience is required in relevant and related positions in systems functionality and or applicable analytical processes and understanding.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts required.
- Qualified candidates have a passion for solving complex issues which may require deep root cause analysis.
- This position requires a motivated self-starter that can identify and drive cost savings in the supply chain through system and process improvements and efficiencies.
- Demonstrated business acumen, financial knowledge and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources and analyze best available data.
- Demonstrated success in change management within a performance-oriented organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking) required.
- Ability to develop and implement complex project plans and strategies required.
- Excellent influencing, communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
- Must possess a passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in mapping processes using Visio or other process mapping tools
- Knowledge of Manhattan or JDA Transportation and Distribution applications
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities